Monday, September 5, 2011

Time in a rubbermaid container

Well, I do believe this is the best place to reveal embarrassing moments in ones life...... so ....... I had this bottle of breast milk in the freezer. Considering my youngest is now seven..... well you do the math.
Anyway with the storm coming through and taking out our electricity for a few days I was forced to throw out the contents on the freezer and the fridge. I had never realized, or acknowledged that I was holding on to it, we would joke about it sometimes as we were reaching for the gin or the ribs but that was it. Needless to say, I cried, I cried over defrosted, ancient breast milk.

Since that day I have been packing.

Goodbye Paddington Bear, Scruffy Bear and Charlies' first socks.

Goodbye Robot man with floppy legs, Mr Gnome and the bunny ear velvet jacket

Goodbye homemade spaceship

Goodbye Charlie Bag



Two plastic time capsules are now waiting for another time.


3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, that was a heartbreaking post. Too traumatic. I am off to have a cup of tea and a lie down now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been traumatised by the loss of the breast milk too. I was away for the weekend with a group of wonderful women and one of them confessed to having had a placenta in her freezer for the past four and a half years.

    (Why yes, she was a fellow Steiner/Waldorf mother!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a precious cherished moment is now in the past...it makes me reflect (in a good way) on my own children's growth and time passing by...

    ReplyDelete