Friday, July 22, 2011

It's hot - and all that it brings

 Well, it is hot. Stinking hot - wonderful really. I love that we experience such extremes. Bloody cold and stinking hot.

I am on a mission this summer to finish some unfinished business that I started over the school year. Here is a peek into the colors. Although I love sparse and neutral interiors I can't help getting involved with color. I also can't resist trying to make everything myself. This has been going on since I was a child and is a blessing and well..... a curse. Anyway, that's who I am so I'll just get on with it.

Are these not lovely?
We have been visited by family on flies - the blowy type. Their buzzing sends me right back to when I was a child and my mother, without hesitation or warning would reach for this......

this pump action spray. She would set to work pumping the mist into the air and sending the flies into a quick death dive. All of us children would make a run for it fearing the same fate would come our way if the fine mist settled on our skin.  Ahh, the good old days.

I hate to segway from flies to film but the good old days reminds me of Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris which I saw this week and loved, loved, loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment